Feature and Follow #19

Friday, January 04, 2013

  

Feature and Follow is a meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read Each week, each host will have their own Feature Blog which allows them to show off more new blogs! It is also a fun way to keep in touch with fellow bloggers, meet new bloggers and gain new followers. 


This week's question:


Q: What New Years Blogging or Writing resolution have you placed on yourself?


I've been planning to do a lot this year so let me just enumerate them to you:

1.) Comment more. I need to work on this with extra effort. 

2.) Write more reviews.

3.) I'll try not to be lazy to write book reviews and other posts :3

4.) Read more books. I have only read a few books last year and I'm sort of not happy about that. So I'll try my best to read as many books as I can this year.

5.) Socialize to other bloggers. 

6.) Make my own grab button. I've been putting that one off because I have important matters to attend to.

7.) I will try not to procrastinate. 

8.) Read classic books. Classics are not really my thing but I'll try. By the way, any suggestions what to read first? 

9.) Host my own giveaway. I haven't done it before so I'm planning to make one as soon as Bookworms' Avenue (now known as Paper Press) turns one year old.

10.) Reread the first four Harry Potter books and read the rest. Apparently I'm one of those who haven't read all the HP books -__-

Above are the major things I'll be working on first and the rest follows.

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. you have a lot of resolutions! i hope you are able to achieve them with little stress.

    Check out my Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, hehe
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen! Or Mansfield Park. Or another one of my favorites: Silas Marner :)

    New follower via GFC!

    Here's my FF: http://mybookmusings.blogspot.com/2013/01/feature-follow-friday-05.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already bought Pride and Prejudice last month! I'm planning to read it as soon as school ends :)

      Delete
  3. Jane Austen novels were the contemporary, chic-litty fiction of her day. They poke fun at the heroines and heros, maybe not overtly the way we do today, but as far as classics go they're the most upbeat I can think off.

    Charles Dickens' books are pretty bleak, some of the books have happy endings and others sort of positive ones. Expect to read about child labour, mistreated orphans, and the unkindness that greed breeds.

    If you like mystery novels you might like to check out Wilkie Collins 'The Moonstone' and "The Woman in White".

    For sarcasm look no further than Oscar Wilde and George Bernard Shaw :)

    For a scare maybe Sir Edgar Allan Poe

    For surreal/magical realism "Alice in Wonderland"

    For tear-jerker pet love "Black Beauty" and "Call of the Wild" or on a cheery note "101 Dalmations"...it's a little different from the Disney cartoon :)

    Best wishes for 2013 (old follower)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. That's a lot! I think I need to list them down, haha
      Thanks for the recommendation :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a plan!! I could never get into the classics myself. I tried at one time but I found myself daydreaming while reading, so I figure I'd better read something I want to read!

    Good luck to you!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that happened to me!
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. Wow that is a ton! Good luck with all of these. I am not a huge fan of classics, but I actually love Pride and Prejudice. A giveaway sounds like so much fun. Harry Potter is the best re-read! I actually just re-watched the movies. Here is my FF. Old Follower :D

    Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite the list. Good luck on reading classics, they aren't my thing either, and there are too many other books I want to read out there so not gonna bother xD

    -Nyx @ <a href="www.unraveling-words.blogspot.com>Unraveling Words</a>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rereading HP? Wow, I only have read the first book. But, one of my new year resolutions is to finish reading the series. Wish me luck! :)

    New follwer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to comment more, too! Reviewing hasn't been a problem, though all the HTML that's involved in making a blog post gets to be a hassle sometimes.

    I'm following you via GFC!

    Sophie @ The Dreaming Reader

    ReplyDelete

Instagram