Pages

REVIEW: We Were Liars



"A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth."
REVIEW

"Be a little kinder that you have to"

Let's talk about the Liars (Cadence, Jonny, Mirren, and Gat), they're spoiled brats living their life to the fullest in that island of theirs. I don't even know why they are called the Liars, they're just that. During Summer fifteen, something terrible happened that Cadence lost her memories. And what's that? Oh, I'm not telling you. 

The characters didn't have much impact on me except for Gat, who reminds me of Ari from Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe and his wits. However, Cadence is our main protagonist here so no escaping her and her confusing actions and memories. Although the others intrigued me, I didn't really like them.


The style of writing I have to praise because why not? That's the main reason I was hooked. And when the intriguing events follows, Boy! I knew I was up for a treat! Honestly, the whole time I felt nothing makes sense, at all. Makes me sound stupid, I know I know. I was waiting for something that will connect the dots, to confirm my suspicions about what's really going on and BAM! The ending told me otherwise. 

This book is a guessing game that no one wins. No matter what you'll guess, it's probably wrong. Haha. Trust me, I had so many guesses, and all of them are debunked by that ending.

That ending was downright flat and uneventful.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I lied. SO GO READ IT!


About the Book:


Book Title: We Were Liars

Author: E. Lockhart
Genre(s): Contemporary, YA
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date:  March 13, 2014
Source: bought

Get a copy: Amazon | The Book Depository

Paper Press

Paper Press is devoted to sharing inner thoughts about a book recently read or read before. It serves readers a variety of fun activities, like giveaways, author interviews, fangirl moments, dicsussions and others.


Motto: Unleashing our inner fangirl through book reviews.

-ADMIN-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram