(ARC) Review: The Perilous Sea

Tuesday, May 10, 2016


I have never rated a book above the maximum stars of 5. But 6 stars isn't a violation, right? I mean, C'mon this book merits thousands of stars as a reward! Yes. You heard me right. This book is bloody fantastic! 

This is my most anticipated book this year. I recalled praying so hard that Harper Collins would grant me to review this book and was so ecstatic when they sent me an ARC. *fangirling mode activated.

The first book in this trilogy was full of surprises and I love its fantasy-themed setting. It was one of my favorite reads last year. I remember adoring the first book so much I actually gave the book to my friend so that I'll have someone to talk to about it. And suddenly realizing, there's no copy for me to reread again (dun dun dun). I was planning to buy a HB copy of it anyway so no regrets there. Besides, my friend loved it too!

I'm happy to tell you that the second book is better. There's so much more to it guys! The alternating POV from Iolanthe and Titus never failed to catch my attention. Their voices were raw and vibrant. 

The best asset of The Perilous Sea is the change the characters undergone. Iolanthe and Titus lost their memories, remembering only important matters apart from their personal information, like their name and their past. At first I was confused who's POV I'm reading but eventually got the hang of it. It didn't take that long to know though. And the best part: They met each other, not knowing who they are. And yet there chemistry is still there! Iolanthe is still her amazing, affectionate self. Titus may have lost his regal side but he's still the cranky, warm-hearted person ever. They're oblivious as to who they are. I was smiling ear to ear when I see them falling for each other, again.

The Perilous Sea has fulfilled what it promised. It surprised me how much it improved- from great to better. I can't wait for the last installment to release.

NOTE: This is a re-published post from my previous blog which is now nonexistent.

ABOUT THE BOOK

The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy, #2)
Book Title: The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy #2)
Author: Sherry Thomas
Genre(s): YA, Fantasy
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Publication Date:  September 16, 2014
Source: ARC from the publisher, Thank you!
Rating: 6/5 stars! XD


After spending the summer away from each other, Titus and Iolanthe (still disguised as Archer Fairfax) are eager to return to Eton College to resume their training to fight the Bane. Although no longer bound to Titus by a blood oath, Iolanthe is more committed than ever to fulfilling her destiny—especially with the agents of Atlantis quickly closing in.

Soon after arriving at school, though, Titus makes a shocking discovery, one that makes him question everything he previously believed about their mission. Faced with this devastating realization, Iolanthe is forced to come to terms with her new role, while Titus must choose between following his mother's prophecies—and forging a divergent path to an unknowable future.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram